Friday, January 28, 2011

Day 27: My turn for cupcakes..

So tonight I tried out an idea I had last night for doctoring up a regular old box of cake mix.. I saw on the Pillsbury website a recipe where they used chocolate fudge (like you use as an ice cream topping) in the cake batter which cooks up around the fudge and so you have a lovely chocolate surprise when you bite into the cupcake..

So then I thought, how can I take this a step further? And I thought what about a s'mores inspired cupcake? So I made a graham cracker crust and put it on the bottom of the cupcake liners, added the batter and the fudge, then the frosting is good ol' marshmallow fluff.

Peter got out his tiny little pen torch and did all the "toasting" for me with it. I took some to my new Yarn Arts (crochet & knit) group tonight (wayyy fun!) and they were really good! Except.. the graham cracker crust was just a crumbly mess and you couldn't taste the graham crackers. I think next time I make these I'll do what I had originally thought of and just put some chunks of graham cracker right into the cake batter along with the fudge.. 

But aren't my pictures good???
Photobucket

2 comments: