Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 12: Budding Child Prodigy?

Peter's mom gave us her old piano (which was her dad's, I think) a while back.. two years ago? Maybe more, maybe less? I don't remember. Anyway, it's been in our house all this time - for a long time it was in our living room, and for the last six months or more it's been in the dining area. So all this time we've had the piano and Emily has never touched it - until today! She opened it up and started plinking at the keys. Haha! What? Where did this come from? She's never even so much as given it a second thought before today, and now she's "played" the piano three or four times just this afternoon! So funny!




I couldn't decide which pic I liked best - especially since all of them have that annoying grainy look because I had to up my ISO to get the lighting close to decent in our crappy poorly lit home. Then after my initial edit in Photoshop, I thought I'd play around a bit in LightRoom and came up with this "aged" wash on all the pics, just for funsies..
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. omg! I love these pictures! You're amazing! And I love the 'aged' look. Did you just learn photog on your own? I want to learn but it all seems so complicated. I bought a book but its way too advanced for a simpleton like me. lol. Great photos.-kara-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, she won't see my piano for a while! Grandma is mean and probably won't let her play it!

    ReplyDelete