Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 21: I love to see the temple...

Okay, so I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to taking pictures outside when it's dark.. AND foggy.. But I thought I'd give it a try.

We went to the temple tonight and did a session for the first time since I was seven months pregnant with Noah! The last time we went (in November) we helped out in the baptistry, so it was nice to attend an endowment session!

So, aaaaanyway, here are my pictures of the Fresno, CA temple! I took these as we were about to leave.. I should have called my mom earlier in the day and gotten her tripod so Pete and I could have been in the pic. Maybe I'll try that again when we go next month? We shall see!

This one was taken sans flash.. ISO at 800, shutter speed 1/60 and aperture at f/5.6 I believe. It's so grainy, but the colors of the temple are cool. I sharpened it a bit in PSE and LR.. but I hate that grain! Maybe if I look up how to texturize and make it look like I did it on purpose?? lol

This pic was with the flash, ISO 400, f/5.6 too I think. It made the fog show up too much which whited out the temple, so I had to do some correcting in PSE and LR.

Not that anyone cares.. but this whole thing IS about me taking better pics and becoming a better photographer, right?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's what I keep telling myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, the only way to get a not grainy night shot is to set your ISO lower and take a longer exposure. Which can be hard with the keeping the hand steady. You might want to look into one of those table top tripods -- they are like $20 -- or see if y ou can finda flat surface to leave your camera on. With something bright like the temple, you probably only need like a second or so.

    ReplyDelete